Having healthy snacks readily available for your kids is key. Be sure to check the food label to make sure the snack is in line with your food plan or dietary needs. Keep these on hand and reach for them whenever you need a quick healthy snack.
- 3 graham cracker squares with 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 cups popped popcorn (no fat added) with seasoned salt
- 10 seasoned mini-rice or mini-popcorn cakes
- 15 mini-pretzel twists
- 10 to 15 tortilla chips (1 ounce) with 1/4 cup salsa
- 4 or 5 whole-grain snack crackers plus 1 ounce reduced-fat cheese
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cereal
- 1 small muffin or 3-inch cookie
- 1 medium apple, orange or pear
- 12 to 15 cherries or grapes
- 1/4 cup raisins or other dried fruit
- 3 cups raw vegetables with 1 tbsp dip
- 1 1/2 cups tomato or vegetable juice
- 3/4 to 1 cup plain or artificially sweetened yogurt
Like to win free stuff?
Do you want to share a vacation you took with your family? Or maybe a swanky (or not) kid-friendly restaurant (attraction)in the Vancouver area? Don't be shy and email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out all our current giveaways here and visit our sister fitness site GirlGetStrong.com for even more groovy giveaways and contests!
Filed Under: Family Meals